Make Money From Your Blog

Believe it or not – it is actually possible for you to make money from your blog but despite what the so called Gurus tell you, there isn’t a secret blueprint or a one size fits all solution. The reality is, is that there are lots of factors that determine how and when you are likely to start to make money from your blog.

But before we touch on that, let’s consider a range of ways you could make money from your blog. Below is a simple diagram outlining some of the top layer ideas of what you can do to monetize YOU and make money from your blog. The real detail of how that will work in practice will come from you drilling down and really thinking about how you can create tangible income streams.

make money from your blog

make money from your blog

Take for example Services, depending on your niche you could offer services such as design and consultation or you could benefit indirectly by using your blog to grow an offline business or be head hunted for a particular position. You could create both physical and virtual products, ranging from e-books to courses and DVDs. Affiliate Marketing offers a good way to make money from your blog, but you will need to work on building your brand, creating an infrastructure, a list and raving fan base. It’s important to remember you want to provide value added content 80% of the time and sell products, tools and services the other 20% or when it’s appropriate!

It’s going to take time to make money from your blog…

I had a conversation with a newbie blogger the other day, who was horribly disillusioned. In a Blogshell, ( I mean Nut!) they were asking for my advice on how to become a successful blogger.  We were discussing the benefits of building a solid brand, finding out what the customer’s needs and then delivering that in some shape or form and there reaction was this.

“I don’t have time to wait 6 months…I need to make money now…”

Oh dear….I didn’t break it to them that they might actually need 4 or 5 years to see the kind of results they really wanted.  It’s OK that blogging is a long term passive strategy and we just need to be mindful of that. Darren Rowse the founder of pro-blogger has been blogging for 10 years. He didn’t start making $10, 000 a month until year 4.

So as well as ‘time’ you are going to have to ‘work‘ at it too. But actually that is the fun part.  When you take action and apply what you learn – magic happens  If you are not having fun blogging I question why are you doing it at all.  My biggest advice is be niche specific, know your market inside out and target specific customers and prospects who need what you have on offer. If you are unsure what your niche is, subscribe to my newsletter and you will get a more in-depth training on what you need to do. (see below)

Make money from your old blog posts.

I found a great little nugget from Brankica Underwood who uses a free word press plugin to turn old blog posts into e-books and then sells them on her site. The plugin is called Anthologize and I recommend you read Brankica’s full article as she experienced some hiccups and if this interests you as an approach you might want to be mindful of that first.

Let me know what you biggest take away from this post has been and how you are successfully monetizing your blog (or not).

What’s your best way to find inspiration for your next blog post?  Have you got any good ways to get your brain cells buzzing?  Please comment and share this post if you have found it useful. 

To Your Simple Blogging Success,


P.S Learn how I finally cracked the code to making a full-time income online >>>>Here<<<<

P.P.S When you subscribe to the Simple Blogging Network Newsletter you get:

  • A FREE 5 Steps to Simple Blogging Success E-book
  • 2 workbooks to help you figure out your niche
  • A 30 Blog Post Ideas Blueprint for any Niche!






New Graphic